Last Saturday, 13 October 2018, the De La Salle University Integrated School held its 10th Sci-Math Interschool Challenge promoting advancement in Science, Mathematics, Arts and Technology. 13 Casans were accompanied by their 6 teacher/trainors to the event which was participated in by 25 established and prestigious schools from Metro Manila and Southern Tagalog.
As in the previous year, the event featured different contests and exhibits where bright and artistic students showcased their scientific capabilities, mathematical skills and talents. The theme for this year was “A Decade of Creating Excellence for the People in Leading Innovations for Collective Prosperity”.
The event aims to increase students’ awareness on how their science, math, arts and technology education can help solve problems related to the improvement of all members of society. The event was held at the De La Salle University Laguna Campus from 8am to 5pm.
The schools were encouraged to participate in any or all of the following events:
1. Sci-Math Race (Junior High School)
2. Sci-Math Quiz Bee (Grade School and Junior High School)
3. Sci-Math Spelling Bee (Grade School)
4. Eco Dance (Grade School)
5. Sci-Math Poster Making (Grade School)
6. Sci-Math Digital Poster Making (Junior High School)
7. Sci-Math Modulo Art (Junior High School)
8. Sci-Math Investigatory Project (Junior High School)
9. Sci-Math Infomercial (Junior High School)
10. Sci-Math Makers and Tinkers Fair (Junior High School)
11. Robotics Innovative Projects (Junior High School)
12. Sci-Math Extemporaneous Speaking (Junior High School)
Team CDN was composed of the following students and teachers: Extemporaneous Speech: Bianca Lavin of Grade 10 (Champion) who was trained by Ms. Kiah Librea and Ayezza Soriano, Grade 9 (2nd Runner Up) trained by Ms. Toni Rose Ramores.
Makers & Thinkers: Paul Jericho Cawili, Grade 8, Jasmine Kho, Grade 8 and Marcus Ariola, Grade 10 (Champion) were trained by Mr. Dienel Manipol,
Sci-Math Quiz Bee trained by Mr. Benjie Aprecio and Mr. Vincent Reyes: Paula Dela Rosa, Grade 10, Julianne Grace Pineda, Grade 9 & Rona Tatad, Grade 8 (2nd Runner Up)
Infomercial Team C under Ms. Rona Jean Entea: Niño Aurin, Grade 10, Emerson Mata, Grade 9 & Amelia Nebres, Grade 8, Sam Bojeador, Grade 9 and Gabriel Rolda, Grade 9 (2nd Runner Up)
At the end of the Sci-Math Interschool Challenge, Team Casa del Niño was ranked Overall 1st Runner up winning a cash prize and a trophy. De La Salle Lipa was adjudged Champion of the event with Manila Science High School as the 2nd Runner Up.